- 25+ years experience working in Information Technology.
- 7 years experience as Java application developer.
- Extensive knowledge of relational databases.
- 15+ years ColdFusion developer experience
Frameworks: Bootstrap UI, Hibernate, Spring, Swing,FW1, Fusebox, ColdSpring
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL
Repositories: Git, Subversion
Independent Freelance Programmer from June 2007 to present
Software Developer - Owner Java Fusion L.L.C.
- Enhancement of existing Java and ColdFusion applications as jobs are assigned by clients.
- Creation of new Applications making extensive use of jQuery and Twitter-bootstrap.
- Use of SQL Server Manager Studio as well as SKYPE/JoinMe/Slack/GoToMeeting, FTP and Remote Desktop for working in remote work environments.
Department of Defense-Finance and Accounting Service, Indianapolis, IN from June 2007 to July 2009
Software Developer Contractor
- Enhancement of existing Java web applications and construction of new ones using Struts 2, WebWorks,
Hibernate 3, Spring, Glassfish and IntelliJ IDEA.
- Creation of webservices applications.
Indiana University Medical School, Indianapolis, IN from May, 2006 to June 2007
- Solely responsible for web based data visualization program of Leukemia research data. Program also allows
querying of the data. Designed and created Oracle backend database that holds the data. Application written using
Hibernate, Spring and Struts.
- Participated as primary programmer in a grant from National Cancer Institute for adoption
of caTissueCore open source project. Programmed enhancements to this application using some AJAX.
Wrote test cases and tested application, installed application on Solaris Unix server. Write a bar code label
printing web application as a companion application using Velocity and FOP. Code is all open source.
University of Michigan Medical Center, Ann Arbor, MI from 1979 to April,2006
2001 to April 2006 — Senior Software Developer
- Worked on 4 web applications using Java struts, and one client server application using Java Swing.
All used Hibernate. The client-server application used the command pattern. Migrated applications to the
- Designed user interface for 1 of the web applications using struts framework, implemented Tiles,
and one client server application using swing.
- Created batch jobs to run independent of web application using Quartz Scheduler, started via a shell
script. These jobs retrieved data from or sent data to other systems.
- Implemented standard authentication for all applications using the University of Michigan Medical Center
LDAP authentication service
- Met with clients for design reviews.
- Participated in on-call 24x7 rotation.
- 2 years experience designing & writing web application in ColdFusion, using LDAP authentication
and stored procedures.
1994 to 2001 — Information Technology Manager
- Responsible for all the computing needs of 3 clinical departments (OBGYN, Pediatrics and Dermatology)
within the Medical Center.
- Managed a staff of 5 to 8 employees including hiring decisions.
- Responsible for organizing the capital equipment needs for the departments for both hardware and
software for upcoming years
- Implemented a UNIX based fetal monitoring system in the Labor and Delivery Inpatient Unit.
- Installed and ran Novell Servers for departments.
- Installed routers and hubs.
1985 To 1994 — Computer Systems Specialist
- Responsible for all the computer needs of the department of Nursing.
- Programmed an interface to bill for Float nurse time worked so that this task became automated.
- Responsible for maintaining server which ran the Nurse Scheduling System.
- Provided training for nurses on computer use.